Contortion Class Schedule
Times in EST.
Friday: 7.00pm – 8.15 pm Contortion (EST)
Saturday: 7.00pm – 8.15 pm Alignment (EST)
Contortion Classes: are end range strength & flexibility training for all levels with mild to low acrobatic training for transitional moves.
Alignment Classes: Blend of Barre, Ballet, Weight Transference, Technique & Torso Stabilization.
This is a low intensity class focusing on correct technique and improving range of motion. Learn to balance your extensions, smoothly kick up into extensions, work on your turn out, align the spine learn torso mastery for back bending.
Flexibility and contortion classes have very different theories and methods. My classes involve:
- Injury Prevention Exercises: To increase strength to support your increased range of motion.
- Nerve Flexibility: They are stretched very differently to muscles and if they are not targeted they will inhibit your range of motion.
- Muscle Pliability: Muscles do not lengthen thy become more pliable. By switching off the nervous system we can get deeper into the belly of the muscle.
- Breaking Through Fascia: Think the skin of a sausage, fascia is the skin the sausage is your muscle.
- Lengthening Connective Tissue: These are tendons and other tissues that connect the muscles into insertion points.
- Correcting kinetic chains: Corrective flexibility and training.
- Strength training.
- USA GYM: Gymnastics training methods.
Book A Class
All classes times are automatically updated to your local time zone.
Poses and Transitions We Work On
Shoulders, Thoracic Spine & Legs:
King pigeon, King Cobra, Splits Drop Backs, Needle, Penche, Dancers pose, Forearm stands, Forearm Cartwheels/ Tootsie Slide, Handstands, Kick Twists.
Back, Twists & Front Bends:
Knot, Compass, Bridge, Chest Stand, Tear Drop, Twisted Camel, Forearm Stands, Hollow Backs, Spider Monkey, Tinsika, Shoulder Stand Roll To Feet, Camel Drop Backs To Wheel & Rotating Chest Stands, Chest Rolls, Forward Fold Wraps, & Back Walk Overs.
Splits & Back Bends:
Front Split, Middle Splits, Standing Splits, Heel Stretch, Y Scale/Bow & Arrow, Standing Middle Split (Hip Tilt), Penche, Suspended Splits, Over Splits, Illusions, Spider Monkeys, Leg Catch, Leg Catch & Turn, Wheel Flips, Flares & Shiva.
Class & Training Types
For the summer schedule we are currently running contortion classes only.
Builds strength and flexibility perfect for aerialists, dancers, rock climbers and jujitsu.
The contortion classes focus on over splits, middle splits, standing splits, back and shoulders.