What are contortion classes?
Contortion classes are an advanced flexibility and conditioning class. Focused on building strength and flexibility throughout a range of postures.
Am I ready for contortion classes?
For my classes you want to be fairly close to your box and middle splits. A good rule of thumb is to think what level flexibility class you would take? An advanced flexibility class would be the starting point of a beginner contortion class.
Splits postures you will be training for:
Dancers pose, needle, penche, spilts, y-scale, heel stretch. standing middle split and standing splits.
The contortion classes involves:
- Prehabilitation Exercises: To increase strength to support your increased range of motion.
- Nerve Flexibility: They are stretched very differently to muscles and if they are not targeted they will inhibit your range of motion.
- Muscle Pliability: Muscles do not lengthen thy become more pliable. By switching off the nervous system we can get deeper into the belly of the muscle.
- Breaking Through Fascia: Think the skin of a sausage, fascia is the skin the sausage is your muscle.
- Lengthening Connective Tissue: These are tendons and other tissues that connect the muscles into insertion points.
- Strength Training: Increases the ability of the muscle to hold new postures.
Semi Private Classes
Each class has a limit of 8 participants so that everyone gets personalised coaching throughout the class.
Unlimited contortion classes for a month is $190, thats $130 off!
Classes on their own are $20 per session.