As aerialists, we are all looking for new moves. Today we are working on the Oliver Twist on Lyra. If this is your first time trying this move make sure you layer your feet as this one does not feel good. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
How To Do The Oliver Twist On The Lyra
- Start with a front mount and come to a forward fold.
- Bring both hands to one side of the hoop at 4 and 5 o’clock. The legs are extended and engaged and move towards the opposite side of the hoop creating a block.
- Take your grip a little higher to give you a little more ease to get through.
- Remove the top leg and rotate it towards the back of your body.
- Flip your grip on the hand closest to your body.
- Bring your body through and try and bring the open leg to your head.
What did you think of this Lyra trick? Did you get it first go? I didn’t! What else would you like to learn? Drop it in the comments below.
Get strong and flexible with my online flexibility classes and coaching.